Friday, April 10, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

Really....who doesn't love the zoo? Here are just a few of the pictures I took. I will post more when I get around to it. And yes, Russ, I used my new lens for these.
Most of these were taken through that lovely zoo glass. Thankfully, I didn't get a whole lot of glare. My husbad uses the same camera I do and h used a smaller lens. He kept getting glare. Of course, I have a filter for that, but I didn't even think about it until the next day. He would have had a much easier time with that. I am still kicking myself!
I got a little bit of glare on the left eye of this big guy here, but the picture still came out pretty good. He was taking a good long look at my oldest kid.
And of course everyone goes to the zoo to take pictures of flowers!
Nothing like being stared down by a bird! This is probably the nastiest look I have ever gotten from any of God's creatures......even my own children!
And the flamingos were the brightest I have ever seen. I love the colors and their funky skinny little legs.

2 comments:

RussDaMan said...

Gotta luv the zoo and that new lens. Nice series.

said...

All the colors are beautiful, especially the birds! I love the composition of the flower. It's probably my favorite of the bunch.